1. All menu items are freshly prepared daily
2. We will continuously endeavour to increase the amount of farm assured and red tractor food we use.
3. Our meals are free from undesirable additives and Trans fats with no genetically modified ingredients
4. Where possible we will try to reduce food miles when sourcing our food.
5. We will make our menus seasonal and highlight food that is in season.
6. All meats used in the cooking process can be traced back to a Scottish or U.K. farm
7. We do not serve any endangered fish due to the fish we procure being MSC accredited
8. We put in place measures to continuously reduce food waste and packaging to meet the Council’s sustainability targets.
9. We train all our catering employees to Royal Environmental Health Institute of Scotland standards and become actively involved in food education activities.
10. We developed an information platform on the Council’s website providing menus, recipes, nutritional content and allergen information
Our weekly menus meet the nutrient standards as set out in the Schools (Nutrition and Health Promotion) (Scotland) Act 2007. Please note our menus may be subject to change due to availability of produce from suppliers.