What are development plans
Development plans are statutory documents required by Scottish Government which guide the future use of land. They indicate where development and regeneration can take place and where it should not. The development plan sets out policies and proposals which helps guide decisions on planning applications.
The development plan for South Lanarkshire consists of:
- Strategic development plan
- Minerals Local Development Plan
- Local development plan - adopted on 29 June 2015
- Statutory supplementary guidance
- Other guidance and monitoring
The second South Lanarkshire Local Development Plan is now being prepared.