Westwood community council can proceed with an election in terms of South Lanarkshire Council's Scheme for the establishment
Nomination forms must be signed by the prospective community councillor, be counter signed by a proposer and seconder, both should also be on the Register of Electors for the Westwood community council area.
A nomination form and map of the community council area are available to download.
Completed nomination forms should be returned to the Community Council Liaison Officer, Finance and Corporate Resources, Council Offices, Almada Street, Hamilton ML3 0AA no later than 4pm on Thursday 19 October 2017.
If you require further information and advice contact email@example.com or phone 01698 453661.
There are currently 32 community councils out of a possible 57 in the South Lanarkshire area. We arrange the elections for community councils and give an annual administration grant to each council.
To find out if there is a Community Council active in your area enter your postcode in the box below.
- Community Councils
- What they do
- Starting a community council in your area
- How do I join my community council?
- Funding for community councils
- Community Councils in the Cambuslang/Rutherglen area
- Community Councils in the Clydesdale area
- Community Councils in the East Kilbride area
- Community Councils in the Hamilton area
- Community Councils - Related publications
- Administration Grant Uses