Education Resources Psychological Service

How long will the psychologist be involved?

The psychologist will provide advice to the key people who regularly work with your child, for example a teacher or social worker. This may be a single consultation, where no further involvement may be needed.

Often the psychologist may become involved again at a point of 'transition', for example when your child is due to moving to a new school.

In other cases, the psychologist may have regular ongoing involvement with you and your child throughout your child's education.