Annual performance spotlights
South Lanarkshire Council has a statutory duty to set out a balanced overview of performance to ensure that our residents and customers are kept properly informed about our services, how we are performing and what areas of improvement we will tackle in the years ahead.
We aim to provide the best possible services for our residents and visitors, and public reporting of this kind is a key part of the process.
We constantly assess our performance and benchmark our work by comparing it to that of other councils and partners. We make sure we also regularly ask our residents and customers how they think we are doing to gauge levels of satisfaction with our services.
Taking on board comments from our External Auditors, Audit Scotland, regarding the volume of information contained in the Annual Performance Reports we replaced this with Annual Performance Spotlights (APSs) - 'bite sized' performance information, per Connect Objective, accessible on the pages of our website which include:
- a case study to illustrate how we are working towards achieving our objectives and benefitting the people of South Lanarkshire,
- infographics giving a visual presentation of our performance, identifying whether or not performance is improving, and
- links to additional more detailed information.
These Annual Performance Spotlights are supplemented by a suite of Public Performance Reports; short, summary reports cover the main service delivery areas as well as the corporate services which help shape the development and improvement of the council.
- Annual performance spotlights
- Improve later life
- Protect vulnerable children, young people and adults
- Deliver better health and social care outcomes for all
- Improve the availability, quality and access to housing
- Improve the road network, influence improvements in public transport and encourage active travel
- Work with communities and partners to promote high quality, thriving and sustainable communities
- Support the local economy by providing the right conditions for inclusive growth
- Support our communities by tackling disadvantage and deprivation and supporting aspiration
- Improve achievement, raise educational attainment and support lifelong learning
- Ensure schools and other places of learning are inspirational
- Encourage participation in physical and cultural activities
- Delivering the plan and achieving best value