Annual performance spotlights
South Lanarkshire Council has a statutory duty to set out a balanced overview of performance to ensure that our communities, residents, and customers are kept properly informed about our services, how we are performing and what areas of improvement we will tackle in the years ahead.
We aim to provide the best possible services for our communities, residents, and visitors, and public reporting of this kind is a key part of the process.
We constantly assess our performance and benchmark our work by comparing it to that of other councils and partners. We make sure we also regularly ask our communities, residents, and customers how they think we are doing to gauge levels of satisfaction with our services.
Taking on board comments from our External Auditors, Audit Scotland, regarding the volume of information contained in the Annual Performance Reports we replaced this with Annual Performance Spotlights (APSs) - 'bite-sized' performance information, per Connect Outcome, accessible on the pages of our website which include:
- a case study to illustrate how we are working towards achieving our outcomes and benefitting the people of South Lanarkshire,
- infographics giving a visual presentation of our performance, identifying whether or not performance is improving, and
- links to additional more detailed information.
These Annual Performance Spotlights are supplemented by a suite of Public Performance Reports; short, summary reports cover the main service delivery areas as well as the corporate services which help shape the development and improvement of the council.
- Annual performance spotlights
- Improve health, care and wellbeing
- Get it right for children and young people
- Promote sustainable and inclusive economic growth and tackle disadvantage
- Ensure communities are safe, strong and sustainable
- Covid response - Wellbeing and assistance
- Covid response - Businesses helped and grants issued
- Covid response - Support for Education