Annual performance spotlights
Our Annual Performance Report sets out a balanced overview of the council’s work in the year 2017/18.
We aim to provide the best possible services for our residents and visitors, and public reporting of this kind is a key part of the process.
We constantly assess our performance and benchmark our work by comparing it to that of other councils and partners. We make sure we also regularly ask our residents and customers how they think we are doing to gauge levels of satisfaction with our services.
We not only report where performance levels are satisfactory, we also use feedback and performance information to identify areas where we can do better.
Our core vision in Connect, our Council Plan for 2017-2022, is to improve the quality of life of everyone in South Lanarkshire. We aim to do this through collaboration with our partners and communities to constantly improve and ensure our services meet our residents’ needs and aspirations.
This Annual Performance Report is supplemented by a suite of Public Performance Reports – these short, summary reports cover the main service delivery areas as well as the corporate services which help shape the development and improvement of the council.
- Annual performance spotlights
- Improve later life
- Protect vulnerable children, young people and adults
- Deliver better health and social care outcomes for all
- Improve the availability, quality and access to housing
- Improve the road network, influence improvements in public transport and encourage active travel
- Work with communities and partners to promote high quality, thriving and sustainable communities
- Support the local economy by providing the right conditions for inclusive growth
- Support our communities by tackling disadvantage and deprivation and supporting aspiration
- Improve achievement, raise educational attainment and support lifelong learning
- Ensure schools and other places of learning are inspirational
- Encourage participation in physical and cultural activities
- Delivering the plan and achieving best value