Launch Recite Me assistive technology myaccountMyAccount login image

Changing your tenancy

Taking over a tenancy following death

Following the death of a tenant, a tenancy can be passed on to certain members of their household. This may be a spouse, partner, another member of the tenant’s family or a carer.  To qualify the house must have been their only or main home and for certain household members they must have lived in the property for a period of at least 12 months.  

Completing this application form does not mean permission will be granted, although we will only refuse if there is good reason to do so, for example the property has been specially adapted. We will respond to your request in writing within 28 days.

If you are considering any change to your tenancy, it is important you have read the above information along with the information on our A guide for Council tenants page.