Launch Recite Me assistive technology myaccountMyAccount login image

Planning portal

may be unavailable between 8am and 11am on Tuesday 21 May due to essential maintenance. Sorry for any inconvenience

Changing your tenancy

Transfer your tenancy to someone else

In certain circumstances, you may want to transfer your tenancy to someone else, provided the house has been their only or principal home for a period of at least 12 months. Any other joint tenant, partner or person living with you must also give their written agreement. We will contact them to arrange this.

By transferring your tenancy to another person, you are giving up your rights and obligations under the tenancy. You should think carefully about the implications of this, particularly if you choose to remain in the home, as you will no longer have security and may be at risk of homelessness.

You are responsible for the payment of rent until the date the tenancy starts in the new tenant’s name.

Completing this application form does not mean permission will be granted, although we will only refuse permission if there is good reason to do so. We will respond to your request in writing within 28 days. 

If you are considering any change to your tenancy, it is important you have read the above information along with the information on our A guide for Council tenants page.

Both you and the person who wants to take over your tenancy should complete the forms below. We are unable to process your enquiry until both forms are received.

The tenant should complete this form.

The person who wants to take over your tenancy should complete this form.