Launch Recite Me assistive technology myaccountMyAccount login image

Council Tax - exemptions and discounts (occupied properties)

Occupied properties

If a property is occupied (someone normally lives in it), there are various exemptions and discounts available depending on the circumstances of the people in the household. 

For more details, click on the category in the related content which best describes the circumstances of one or more of the people who normally live in the property. 

If you have a septic tank or private water supply, you may be able to have your Water charges reduced.  Please see our Water and waste water page for more details.

Tell us if a Council Tax discount or exemption is to end

If you, or a member of your household is no longer entitled to a discount or exemption on your Council Tax because your circumstances have changed, please tell us by completing our online form.

Tell us about other Council Tax changes

If you need to report a change to the number of people resident in your household, please see our Changes to your household page.

Provide evidence

If you have been asked to provide evidence to support a Council Tax discount or exemption application, please see our Council Tax evidence page.