What is homelessness and how can we help?
We aim to provide good quality housing service at all times.
Our housing support service will continue to be delivered via face-to-face meetings where possible. Where this is not possible, they will be conducted by telephone.
If you are homeless and have nowhere to live, or you are threatened with homelessness you can speak to someone in confidence by telephoning 0303 123 1012 – Option 5
If you require somewhere to stay and our offices are closed, you can telephone the emergency freephone number on 0800 24 20 24
You can be homeless if
- You do not have anywhere to stay
- You are living temporarily with family or friends
- It is not reasonable for you to continue to stay in your accommodation
- Your landlord has stopped you getting into your house
- Your house is below a tolerable standard
- You are at risk of violence or threats of violence
- You are living in a hostel or bed and breakfast
You can be threatened with homelessness if you
- Have been asked to leave where you are living
- Have missed some rent or mortgage payments
- Are having problems with neighbour or people in your local area
- Are having problems with your landlord
How can we help?
If you are homeless or threatened with homelessness it is very important that you contact us to discuss your needs.
Office Hours – 8.45am - 4.45pm – 0303 123 1012 Options 5
Out with Office Hours – 4.45pm – 8.45am – 0800 24 20 24
When you contact us we will
- Treat your call as confidential
- Complete an initial housing enquiry
- Offer you temporary accommodation if you need it
- Provide you with information and advice
- Advise you of the timescales and the next steps
Homelessness services (out of hours)Phone: 0800 24 20 24
Local housing office
Opening hours: Monday to Thursday 8.45am to 4.45pm, Friday 8.45am to 4.15pm. First Wednesday of every month 11am to 4.45pmPhone: 0303 123 1012