General privacy notice
Recruitment criminal convictions check
We will use the information you give us to undertake criminal convictions checks. This is to allow us to consider whether any unspent or spent convictions would preclude you from specific posts in line with our legal obligations as an employer.
For successful candidates it will form the basis of a contract of employment and employee personnel record.
We will only share your information with managers involved in the recruitment and selection process.
How long we will keep your information
If your application is unsuccessful, we will keep your information for 6 months, after which it will be confidentially destroyed.
For recommended candidates, if your application is successful and you become a South Lanarkshire Council employee, we will hold your information in line with our retention schedules for the appropriate management of your contract of employment and you will be given a further privacy notice outlining these.
You have the right to ask us to:
- tell you that we are using personal information about you, tell you what that information is and who we have shared it with. You can also ask us for a copy of the information we have about you. This is called the right of access.
- correct any wrong or misleading personal information that we have about you. This is called the right to rectification.
- stop using any or all of your personal information. This is called the right to object.
- delete or destroy your personal information under certain circumstances. This is called the right to erasure.
- stop using your personal information until we can correct your personal information, give you our reasons for using your personal information or stop us deleting your personal data if you need it in connection with any legal claims. This is called the right of restriction.
- pass your personal information to someone else under certain circumstances. This is called the right to data portability.
For more information on how we use and handle your information and rights and how to exercise them or how to make a complaint you can ask for a copy of the council’s explanation from our Data Protection officer by emailing email@example.com or see our general privacy notice.
- General privacy notice
- Adult and older people's services
- Anti-social behaviour
- Council employees bank mandate
- Blue Badges
- Bulk uplifts
- Business property enquiry
- Carer support
- Civica eStore
- Clothing grants/free school meals
- Comments and complaints
- Council invoices
- Crisis/Community Care Grants
- Customer Services
- Education Maintenance Allowance
- Equipment and adaptations
- Housing allocations
- Fostering and adoption
- Non-domestic rates
- Pass Plus
- Photography and filming permission
- Pupil registration and enrolment
- Recruitment criminal convictions check
- Recruitment health check
- School placing requests
- School transport
- SLLC employee bank mandate
- SLLC recruitment criminal convictions check
- SLLC recruitment health checks
- Social Work assessment
- Unpaid work
- Waste Services
- Council Tax/Council Tax reduction
- Housing benefit/Discretionary Housing Payments
- Non-Domestic rates
- Factoring and buildings insurance
- Change of details agent/landlord/solicitor/owner
- Council tenant change of name
- Common repairs
- Third party insurance claims
- Land and property
- Online rent account
- Tenant participation
- Permission to alter or sublet council property/operate a business
- Rent/factoring/lock-up Direct Debit
- Care of Gardens
- Bereavement Services
- Excellence in customer services
- Landlord forum
- Coronavirus Business Support Fund
- School hub application
- Planning pre-application enquiry
- Self-employed Hardship Fund
- Modern Apprenticeship Quarterly Review
- Coronavirus Business Support Fund - Tenant/Occupier Grant Fund
- Bed and Breakfast and Small Serviced Accommodation Provider Hardship Fund
- Early years exemption
- Debt/benefit advice enquiry
- Small Business Support Grant