General privacy notice
Care of Gardens
We will use the information you give us to provide you with the service(s) you need and meet our contractual and legal responsibilities for assessing and managing your Care of Gardens application.
When you key in your bank account and card details they will go into our income management system.
When applying for Care of Gardens we will check the accuracy of the information you give us against other records held by the council.
We will review all applications for the service annually.
By requesting the service you are agreeing to give us access to your garden.
If your garden is not easily accessed we will need you or a person nominated by you to let us into the garden.
We will keep your personal information in case we need it for evidence of any kind and for historical reasons. We may also use it for research and statistical purposes.
We will only process your personal information when it is lawful to do so.
We will share your information with council departments.
You have the right to ask us to:
- tell you that we are using personal information about you, tell you what that information is and who we have shared it with. You can also ask us for a copy of the information we have about you. This is called the right of access.
- correct any wrong or misleading personal information that we have about you. This is called the right to rectification.
- stop using any or all of your personal information. This is called the right to object
- delete or destroy your personal information under certain circumstances. This is called the right to erasure.
- stop using your personal information until we can correct your personal information, give you our reasons for using your personal information or stop us deleting your personal data if you need it in connection with any legal claims. This is called the right of restriction.
- pass your personal information to someone else under certain circumstances. This is called the right to data portability.
For more information on how we use and handle your information and rights and how to exercise them or how to make a complaint you can ask for a copy of the council’s explanation from our Data Protection officer by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or see our general privacy notice.
- General privacy notice
- Adult and older people's services
- Anti-social behaviour
- Council employees bank mandate
- Blue Badges
- Bulk uplifts
- Business property enquiry
- Carer support
- Civica eStore
- Clothing grants/free school meals
- Comments and complaints
- Council invoices
- Crisis/Community Care Grants
- Customer Services
- Education Maintenance Allowance
- Equipment and adaptations
- Housing allocations
- Fostering and adoption
- Non-domestic rates
- Pass Plus
- Photography and filming permission
- Pupil registration and enrolment
- Recruitment criminal convictions check
- Recruitment health check
- School placing requests
- School transport
- SLLC employee bank mandate
- SLLC recruitment criminal convictions check
- SLLC recruitment health checks
- Social Work assessment
- Unpaid work
- Waste Services
- Council Tax/Council Tax reduction
- Housing benefit/Discretionary Housing Payments
- Non-Domestic rates
- Factoring and buildings insurance
- Change of details agent/landlord/solicitor/owner
- Council tenant change of name
- Common repairs
- Third party insurance claims
- Land and property
- Online rent account
- Tenant participation
- Permission to alter or sublet council property/operate a business
- Rent/factoring/lock-up Direct Debit
- Care of Gardens
- Bereavement Services
- Excellence in customer services
- Landlord forum
- Coronavirus Business Support Fund
- School hub application
- Planning pre-application enquiry
- Self-employed Hardship Fund
- Modern Apprenticeship Quarterly Review
- Coronavirus Business Support Fund - Tenant/Occupier Grant Fund
- Bed and Breakfast and Small Serviced Accommodation Provider Hardship Fund
- Early years exemption
- Debt/benefit advice enquiry
- Small Business Support Grant
- Town Centre Small Business PPE Grant
- Covid-19 business restrictions funds
- Kickstart Scheme
- Scottish Welfare fund
- Entering/leaving council facilities
- School registration
- Taxi and Private Hire Driver and Operator Support Fund
- Early Learning and Childcare application
- Access to free sanitary provision
- Annual HAVS Health Assessment Questionnaire
- Covid-19 Discretionary Fund
- Small Accommodation Providers paying Council Tax Fund
- UK Community Renewal Fund
- Community clean-up support
- Instrumental music tuition
- Community wellbeing helpline
- Scottish Milk and Healthy Snack Scheme
- Low Income Pandemic Payment
- Non-emergency housing repairs
- Planning enforcement
- Supported Care enquiry
- Climate Emergency and Resilience Grant
- Food Strategy Fund Grant
- Road and skip permits
- Book a visit to Carluke waste and recycling centre
- Criminal convictions - election polling staff
- Lived Experience Fund
- East Kilbride 75th anniversary grant application
- Platinum Jubilee Awards nomination
- Planning enquiries
- South Lanarkshire Works customer and employer enquiry