General privacy notice

Unpaid work

We will use the information you give us to provide you with the support you are requesting.

We will ask you to provide us with your name, address, phone number and email address in case we need to contact you about your request.

Sometimes we have to use personal information to protect individuals from harm or injury, to help prevent and detect crime, to comply with legal orders, and to provide information because of a person's rights. We will only process personal information when it is lawful to do so.

Information sharing

We may share your information with the following when necessary:

  • NHS
  • Department of Work & Pensions
  • Care Inspectorate
  • Education Services
  • Children’s Panel
  • Scottish Children’s Reporter Administration
  • housing providers
  • Police Scotland
  • Scottish Fire & Rescue
  • Scottish Ambulance Service
  • Office of the Public Guardian
  • Mental Welfare Commission
  • Scottish Courts
  • other council departments

Your rights

You have the right to ask us to

  • confirm that we are using personal information about you, detail what that information, to whom we have disclosed your information and a copy of the information that we have about you (The right of access)
  • correct any incorrect or misleading personal information that we have about you (The right to rectification)
  • stop using any or all of your personal information (The right to object)
  • to delete or destroy your personal information (The right to erasure) and
  • stop using your personal information until we can look into correcting your personal information or our justification for using your personal information or to stop us deleting your personal data where you need it in connection with any legal claims (the Right of Restriction) and
  • pass your personal information to someone else

For more information on how we use and handle your information and rights and how to exercise them or how to make a complaint you can ask for a copy of the council’s explanation from our Data Protection officer by emailing or see our general privacy notice.