General privacy notice
Adult and older people's services
We will use the information you give us to assess you for social care services and to provide the services and support you need.
We will ask you for your name, address, date of birth, gender, emergency contact details, GP contact details, medical conditions, additional support needs, religious needs, and ethnicity, financial information, as well as information you may want to give us about family circumstances.
We will use this information to:
- assess your social care needs
- protect vulnerable people
- manage funding of services and your contribution to those
- support auditing and monitoring for regulatory duties
- create statistical reports and research improvements to service delivery
Sometimes we use personal information to protect individuals from harm or injury, to help prevent and detect crime, to comply with legal orders and to provide information in accordance with a person's rights.
We will only process your personal information when it is lawful to do so.
There are other agencies we may share your data with so we can provide the services you. These include:
- Department of Works and Pensions
- Care Inspectorate
- Police Scotland
- Scottish Fire and Rescue
- housing providers
- Office of the Public Guardian
- Mental Welfare Commission
- Scottish Ambulance Service
- other council departments
You have the right to ask us to:
- tell you that we are using personal information about you, tell you what that information is and who we have shared it with. You can also ask us for a copy of the information we have about you. This is called the right of access.
- correct any wrong or misleading personal information that we have about you. This is called the right to rectification.
- stop using any or all of your personal information. This is called the right to object
- delete or destroy your personal information under certain circumstances. This is called the right to erasure.
- stop using your personal information until we can correct your personal information, give you our reasons for using your personal information or stop us deleting your personal data if you need it in connection with any legal claims. This is called the right of restriction.
- pass your personal information to someone else under certain circumstances. This is called the right to data portability.
For more information on how we use and handle your information and rights and how to exercise them or how to make a complaint you can ask for a copy of the council’s explanation from our Data Protection officer by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or see our general privacy notice.
- General privacy notice
- Adult and older people's services
- Anti-social behaviour
- Council employees bank mandate
- Blue Badges
- Bulk uplifts
- Business property enquiry
- Carer support
- Civica eStore
- Clothing grants/free school meals
- Comments and complaints
- Council invoices
- Crisis/Community Care Grants
- Customer Services
- Education Maintenance Allowance
- Equipment and adaptations
- Housing allocations
- Fostering and adoption
- Non-domestic rates
- Pass Plus
- Photography and filming permission
- Pupil registration and enrolment
- Recruitment criminal convictions check
- Recruitment health check
- School placing requests
- School transport
- SLLC employee bank mandate
- SLLC recruitment criminal convictions check
- SLLC recruitment health checks
- Social Work assessment
- Unpaid work
- Waste Services
- Council Tax/Council Tax reduction
- Housing benefit/Discretionary Housing Payments
- Non-Domestic rates
- Factoring and buildings insurance
- Change of details agent/landlord/solicitor/owner
- Council tenant change of name
- Common repairs
- Third party insurance claims
- Land and property
- Online rent account
- Tenant participation
- Permission to alter or sublet council property/operate a business
- Rent/factoring/lock-up Direct Debit
- Care of Gardens
- Bereavement Services
- Excellence in customer services
- Landlord forum
- Coronavirus Business Support Fund
- School hub application
- Planning pre-application enquiry