General privacy notice

Supported Care enquiry

Using your personal information

We will use the information you give us to provide you with the service(s) you need and meet our contractual and legal responsibilities for assessing your application to be a supported carer.

We will ask you to provide us with information for everyone who lives in your household.  This will include name, address (all previous and current), date of birth, gender, GP contact details, medical conditions including mental health conditions, additional support needs, religious needs, and ethnicity, employment information, financial information (income, benefits, expenses), criminal convictions as well as information about your family circumstances. We need this information to make sure the assessment takes account of all of your circumstances.

As well as assessing your application we will use your information to:

  • protect vulnerable children and young people
  • manage funding of services
  • support auditing and monitoring to do with regulatory duties
  • create statistical reports and research
  • improve service delivery

Sometimes we have to use personal information to protect children and young people from harm or injury, to help prevent and detect crime, to comply with legal orders, and to provide information in because of a person's rights. We will only process personal information when it is lawful to do so. 

Information sharing

As part of the process of becoming a supported carer, we may share your information with the following when necessary:

  • NHS
  • Police Scotland
  • Scottish Courts
  • Care Inspectorate
  • Scottish Children’s Reporter’s Administration
  • Children’s Panel
  • Scottish Fire and Rescue
  • Housing providers
  • Office of the Public Guardian
  • Mental Welfare Commission
  • Department of Work and Pensions
  • Other council departments

Your rights

You have the right to ask us to:

  • tell you that we are using personal information about you, tell you what that information is and who we have shared it with. You can also ask us for a copy of the information we have about you. This is called the right of access
  • correct any wrong or misleading personal information that we have about you. This is called the right to rectification
  • stop using any or all of your personal information. This is called the right to object
  • stop using your personal information until we can correct your personal information, give you our reasons for using your personal information or stop us deleting your personal data if you need it in connection with any legal claims. This is called the right of restriction

For more information on how we use and handle your information and rights and how to exercise them or how to make a complaint you can ask for a copy of the council’s explanation from our Data Protection officer by emailing or see

Related content

  1. General privacy notice
  2. Adult and older people's services
  3. Anti-social behaviour
  4. Council employees bank mandate
  5. Blue Badges
  6. Bulk uplifts
  7. Business property enquiry
  8. Carer support
  9. Civica eStore
  10. Clothing grants/free school meals
  11. Comments and complaints
  12. Council invoices
  13. Crisis/Community Care Grants
  14. Customer Services
  15. Education Maintenance Allowance
  16. Equipment and adaptations
  17. Housing allocations
  18. Fostering and adoption
  19. Non-domestic rates
  20. Pass Plus
  21. Photography and filming permission
  22. Pupil registration and enrolment
  23. Recruitment criminal convictions check
  24. Recruitment health check
  25. School placing requests
  26. School transport
  27. SLLC employee bank mandate
  28. SLLC recruitment criminal convictions check
  29. SLLC recruitment health checks
  30. Social Work assessment
  31. Unpaid work
  32. Waste Services
  33. Council Tax/Council Tax reduction
  34. Housing benefit/Discretionary Housing Payments
  35. Non-Domestic rates
  36. Factoring and buildings insurance
  37. Change of details agent/landlord/solicitor/owner
  38. Council tenant change of name
  39. Common repairs
  40. HomeImprove
  41. Third party insurance claims
  42. Land and property
  43. Online rent account
  44. Tenant participation
  45. Permission to alter or sublet council property/operate a business
  46. Rent/factoring/lock-up Direct Debit
  47. Care of Gardens
  48. Bereavement Services
  49. Excellence in customer services
  50. Landlord forum
  51. Coronavirus Business Support Fund
  52. School hub application
  53. Planning pre-application enquiry
  54. Self-employed Hardship Fund
  55. Modern Apprenticeship Quarterly Review
  56. Coronavirus Business Support Fund - Tenant/Occupier Grant Fund
  57. Bed and Breakfast and Small Serviced Accommodation Provider Hardship Fund
  58. Early years exemption
  59. Debt/benefit advice enquiry
  60. Small Business Support Grant
  61. Town Centre Small Business PPE Grant
  62. Covid-19 business restrictions funds
  63. Kickstart Scheme
  64. Scottish Welfare fund
  65. Entering/leaving council facilities
  66. School registration
  67. Taxi and Private Hire Driver and Operator Support Fund
  68. Early Learning and Childcare application
  69. Access to free sanitary provision
  70. Annual HAVS Health Assessment Questionnaire
  71. Covid-19 Discretionary Fund
  72. Small Accommodation Providers paying Council Tax Fund
  73. UK Community Renewal Fund
  74. Community clean-up support
  75. Instrumental music tuition
  76. Community wellbeing helpline
  77. Scottish Milk and Healthy Snack Scheme
  78. Low Income Pandemic Payment
  79. Non-emergency housing repairs
  80. Planning enforcement
  81. Supported Care enquiry