General privacy notice
Pupil registration and enrolment
During registration and enrolment we ask parents/carers to give us with their child’s name, date of birth, gender, address and family contact details (phone/email). We will also ask you to update this information annually and to tell us when there are changes to your details.
We also ask for information about medical conditions, additional support needs, religion and ethnicity as well as information you may want to give us about family circumstances.
We need this information to ensure that children and young people are educated appropriately, supported, and that we take account of their health and wellbeing.
We will use this information:
- for educating children and young people
- for teaching, enrolment and assessment purposes and to monitor the educational progress of children and young people;
- to keep children and young people safe and provide guidance services in school
- to identify where additional support is needed to help children and young people with their learning
- to maintain records of attendance, absence and behaviour of children and young people (including exclusions from school)
- to support children and young people moving on each year from nursery to primary, primary to secondary and when they move or leave school
- to create statistical reports
We need this information so we can ensure we deliver education appropriately to all learners.
We will share your information with:
- the Scottish Government and bodies such as Education Scotland, Scottish Qualifications Authority, Skills Development Scotland and other organisations that support children and young people’s learning
- other parts of the council when required for services such as school meals, school transport, education benefits and with Social Work in connection with any child protection concerns we become aware of
- South Lanarkshire Leisure and Culture Limited, where children and young people are participating in sports and leisure activities
- other schools/councils – if a child moves or transfers to another school we are obliged to pass on pupil records to the new school/council
You have the right to ask us to:
- tell you that we are using personal information about you, tell you what that information is and who we have shared it with. You can also ask us for a copy of the information we have about you. This is called the right of access.
- correct any wrong or misleading personal information that we have about you. This is called the right to rectification.
- stop using any or all of your personal information. This is called the right to object.
- delete or destroy your personal information under certain circumstances. This is called the right to erasure.
- stop using your personal information until we can correct your personal information, give you our reasons for using your personal information or stop us deleting your personal data if you need it in connection with any legal claims. This is called the right of restriction.
- pass your personal information to someone else under certain circumstances. This is called the right to data portability.
For more information on how we use and handle your information and rights and how to exercise them or how to make a complaint you can ask for a copy of the council’s explanation from our Data Protection officer by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or see our general privacy notice.
- General privacy notice
- Adult and older people's services
- Anti-social behaviour
- Council employees bank mandate
- Blue Badges
- Bulk uplifts
- Business property enquiry
- Carer support
- Civica eStore
- Clothing grants/free school meals
- Comments and complaints
- Council invoices
- Crisis/Community Care Grants
- Customer Services
- Education Maintenance Allowance
- Equipment and adaptations
- Housing allocations
- Fostering and adoption
- Non-domestic rates
- Pass Plus
- Photography and filming permission
- Pupil registration and enrolment
- Recruitment criminal convictions check
- Recruitment health check
- School placing requests
- School transport
- SLLC employee bank mandate
- SLLC recruitment criminal convictions check
- SLLC recruitment health checks
- Social Work assessment
- Unpaid work
- Waste Services
- Council Tax/Council Tax reduction
- Housing benefit/Discretionary Housing Payments
- Non-Domestic rates
- Factoring and buildings insurance
- Change of details agent/landlord/solicitor/owner
- Council tenant change of name
- Common repairs
- Third party insurance claims
- Land and property
- Online rent account
- Tenant participation
- Permission to alter or sublet council property/operate a business
- Rent/factoring/lock-up Direct Debit
- Care of Gardens
- Bereavement Services
- Excellence in customer services
- Landlord forum
- Coronavirus Business Support Fund
- School hub application
- Planning pre-application enquiry
- Self-employed Hardship Fund
- Modern Apprenticeship Quarterly Review
- Coronavirus Business Support Fund - Tenant/Occupier Grant Fund
- Bed and Breakfast and Small Serviced Accommodation Provider Hardship Fund
- Early years exemption
- Debt/benefit advice enquiry
- Small Business Support Grant
- Town Centre Small Business PPE Grant
- Covid-19 business restrictions funds
- Kickstart Scheme
- Scottish Welfare fund
- Entering/leaving council facilities